- There are currently over 3000 species of spiders in North America but thankfully in our service area we only have to be concerned about the Brown Recluse and the Black Widow.
- Spiders have horrible eyesight. A spider is even unable to see a human until they are about a foot away from it!
- Unlike other insects, spiders do not clean themselves, so spiders can crawl through the pesticide all day long and not die. This is due to the fact that pesticides work by having the pest crawl through the dried pesticide, get it on their feet, clean themselves, ingest the pesticide and die.
How to Prevent and Get Rid of Spiders in your Home
If your home currently has spiders or you would like to prevent spiders from entering, these few tips will help:
- Vacuum up all webs along with the actual spider.
- Perform a light leak test and seal all cracks and crevices around doors and windows.
- Replace exterior white lights to yellow lights. This attracts fewer flying insects which will lead to fewer spiders.
- Trim bushes around the house.
How to Perform a Light Leak Test
To perform a light leak test you must do the following:
- Wait until dark and then turn on all interior lights and close all blinds, curtains, shutters, windows and doors.
2. Go outside and see if there is any light “leaking” through.
If you have a spider problem, our Quarterly Pest Control Service guarantees spider control on the inside and within the treatment zone on the exterior, and we also have Spider Control service for yards, landscaping and other areas as well.