Palmetto bugs, aka cockroaches, are one of those annoying pests that love to reside as an unwanted guest in your home…
If you are unfamiliar… They are HUGE roaches that typically grow up to 1.5 inches.
They also love the heat of the summer in South Carolina!
A FEW QUICK FACTS:
- There is no actual pest named “Palmetto Bug”. This is a widely used slang term for any large cockroach seen outside or inside.
- The term “Palmetto Bug” is thought to have been coined from seeing large cockroaches crawling/flying out of our South Carolina State tree – the palmetto palm.
- The actual pests you are seeing could be one of the a few types of cockroaches: American Cockroach, Smoky-brown Cockroach, Oriental Cockroach, Brown-banded Cockroach, German Cockroach and Asian Cockroach. These all have different characteristics and different ways of treatment.
- Cockroaches have existed since the Carboniferous Era, meaning they have been around since the time of dinosaurs.
- A cockroach can live for one week without its head. More specifically, without its mouth. The only reason it dies, is due to the fact it can not drink and it dies of thirst.
- They are also fast! They can reach speeds of up to 3 miles per hour and can change directions up to 25 times in a single second.
If you are one of the many people that suffer from these relentless pests, you can breathe a sigh of relief!
Clark’s Termite and Pest Control has been treating roaches for 63 years and counting, so you know you’re in good hands.
Our highly trained technicians are ready to get rid of those unwanted guests with our top-of-the-line, multi-step treatment.
Call our office at 866-781-4991 to set up an appointment!