TOPCHOICE® FIRE ANT TREATMENT
Our Topchoice fire ant treatment is a granular product with Fipronil as the active ingredient. Fipronil is typically found in products used to control fleas and ticks on pets. Topchoice is a targeted treatment for fire ants, fleas, ticks, and mole crickets. Topchoice is typically applied to the entire turf and ornamental areas to create a barrier on the soil surface. Once the Topchoice granules are spread, water is required to activate the product.
Topchoice has the most prolonged residual effects of any of the applications. Studies indicate Topchoice will achieve close to 100% control 300 days after the initial treatment before effectiveness wanes. Topchoice is the most expensive in initial cash outlay but may over time be the least expensive due to the costs of subsequent applications of the other products.
Benefits of Topchoice fire ant treatment
- Selective pesticides; will not kill beneficial organisms
- Proper application only requires one treatment per year for fire ants. Fleas and ticks are only guaranteed for 30 days.
- Yields 90%+ control for most of the time.
- Guaranteed for one year from date of initial treatment
Disadvantages of Topchoice fire ant treatment
- Higher initial cost than other treatment options
- Will not address other insect issues you may have, specifically non-biting ants, though these ants are considered environmentally friendly.
- It takes 4-6 weeks to achieve 90% control