Pest Control Services in Lexington, SC
Lexington, South Carolina has a whole lot to offer both residents and visitors alike. As the largest suburb of Columbia, it still somehow has that nostalgic, small-town feeling. There is a lot for you to enjoy by living in or visiting the Lexington area, including the humid, subtropical climate that makes for perfect spring and summertime days out on the Lake. However, with above average year-round temperatures, high humidity and long, wet summers, Lexington is also the perfect place for a variety of irritating pests to make their homes. The hot, humid environment definitely attracts a wide array of critters and creepy crawlers.
Let’s face it; insects, arachnids, vermin, mosquitoes, and other pests will eventually find their way into every home and yard, including yours.
Left untreated these pests can wreak havoc on your family and home. A solid home pest control plan from Clark’s Termite and Pest Control can help you to minimize the number of visits from these nasty invaders and enjoy a relatively pest-free home.
Clark’s Pest Control offers a range of services to match your home pest control needs. The bottom line is that pests don’t belong in your home. At Clark’s Pest Control, we promise to get rid of them once and for all. We utilize the most advanced chemistry, strategic season-specific treatments, and an expertly trained staff to make sure that pests not only leave your home but stay gone. If pests return, so do we.
Pests commonly found in and around Lexington, SC:
- Fire Ants
- Palmetto Bugs
- Coach Roaches
- Bed Bugs
Along with a very high population of ants, cockroaches, and ticks, paper wasps and house flies are extremely common in Charleston area homes. Paper wasps tend to build their nests in attics, garages, and under porches, and are very territorial. House flies thrive in the Charleston area climate. They can be found congregating in kitchens, pantries, and trash cans and are capable of carrying over 100 disease-causing pathogens, including salmonella and tuberculosis.
Your Home: Where Pests Thrive
Even though pests are a problem in your eyes, they are only doing what they are biologically dispositioned to do. Your Lexington home has exactly what pests want. Pests come into your home searching for food, water, warmth, shelter, and escape from the elements and predators. When they invade, they can aggravate allergies, spread germs, bite, sting, and just be generally irritating.
Pests in Your Home Can Cause Serious Health Issues
If you have pests in your home they can irritate your allergies, make you sick and greatly increase your risk for potential disease. Pests carry disease-causing pathogens and bacteria directly into your home.
- Increased Allergens Direct contact, airborne and ingestion can increase allergic reactions and even cause anaphylaxis;
- Exasperate Asthma Airborne fecal droppings and shed skin of cockroaches can cause serious air quality issues in your home;
- Disease-Causing Bacteria Rats, flies, ants, cockroaches and other pests carry bacteria that can cause foodborne illnesses and pathogens including E. coli and salmonella.
Even the cleanest, most well-kept homes can attract pests. Here are some places you should be more cautious and wary of the potential for insect and vermin infestations:
Hot Spots in Your Home:
- Dirty Dishes
- Pet Food and Water Bowls
- Trash Cans
- Attics and Basements
- Water Leaks under sinks
You can try to rid your home of pests or even attempt to stop them from getting in in the first place. Here are some at-home tips for keeping pests at bay:
Ways You Can Help Keep Pests Out of Your Home
- Don’t leave food out on counters or dirty dishes in sinks; Clean up spills and crumbs thoroughly
- Store firewood and lumber off the ground and away from the house
- Eliminate leaks and standing water sources
- Seal any visible cracks or holes around cable and electronic lines
- Caulk windows
- Make sure doors and windows seal tightly
- Check attics, basements, and crawl spaces for holes, cracks, and other openings
However, despite your best efforts, at some point, it is very likely that pests will make their way into your home. Most insects can get into cracks as small as 1/64 of an inch, and mice and other vermin can burrow in through holes that you might not ever even notice.
How Clark’s Can Help
Clark’s Pest Defense System creates a uninterrupted barrier of protection around your home. This barrier offers a year-round guard against a wide variety of Lexington area pests.
The pest control experts at Clark’s offer Lexington area homeowners four spot-treatment strategies for attacking pests in and around your home.
- Outside Yard– Grass and shrubbery are an ideal environment for pests of all kinds who will use them as shelter, food, and a bridge to enter your house. An outside yard shrubbery and lawn treatment helps to create a boundary around your home’s exterior perimeter. For this strategy, services include a combination of granular and liquid insecticides.
- Outside Perimeter– No matter how sturdy they are, the walls surrounding your home are simply not enough to protect it from pests since all types of insects and vermin can enter your home through unseen holes and microscopic cracks. Our outside perimeter strategy offers four season-specific treatments per year in order to create a year-round barrier to protect your home against pests. A 3- to 5-foot barrier will be placed directly around the home’s exterior perimeter with special emphasis on doors, windows, and other places where pests could easily enter. This service includes the use of liquid insecticides as well as granular insecticides and baits.
- Inside Spot– Sometimes your home may have some trouble areas that need a little extra attention to get rid of pests. Especially in the spring and summer months, you may find that certain areas like kitchens, bathrooms, attics, and basements need more consideration than others. This strategy includes special emphasis on all potential entry points, like doors, around sinks, plumbing penetrations and in garages, attics, and basements.
- Complete Inside– Although rarely needed, one of our complete interior treatments protects your home all year round through a comprehensive strategy for getting rid of all types of vermin and insects that includes liquids, baits, gels, aerosols, glue boards, and more.
Bundle Up and Save
Our easy-to-manage bundles combine our most popular services to help save you time and money by choosing the treatments that are just right for you.
- With Clark’s Maximum Pest Control Pest Defense System, your home will be completely surrounded by an uninterrupted barrier of protection and defense against a variety of pests including both insects and vermin. Regularly scheduled visits and treatments from Clark’s trusted technicians ensure that this barrier is working to protect your home all year round. Services include four comprehensive exterior treatments.
- Clark’s Extreme Termite and Pest Control Premier Defense Package is the best way to save time and money. This package offers you the most comprehensive protection available, with services including Maximum Bonded Termite Protection, Liquid perimeter treatment, exterior treatment four times per year and more.
Evict Unwanted Visitors from Your Home
Trust in the experts at Clark’s Pest Control for your Lexington area pest control needs. Serving residents and businesses in greater Lexington and surrounding areas including Cayce, West Columbia, Batesburg-Leesville, Chapin, Gilbert, Irmo, South Congaree, Pelion, and Gaston. Contact us today!